Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Healthy Eating


Healthy eating - two words I normally don't put right next to each other like that. Why? Because it's offensive to ruin delicious foods with things like nutrients and vitamins.


Shannon and her family have commenced a healthy eating kick. I think it's the Special K diet or Slim Fast or South Beach or Atkin's or Weight Watchers or Curvers or Tae Bo or Pilates or Jillian Michaels or SOMETHING.


Anyway, they have this deal where you eat healthy all day, exercise 3-4 times a week, and if you mess up once, you pay a dollar into the pot. What happens with the money at the end, I'm not sure. I say they donate it to some obese children's charity.


So Shannon asked if I wanted to join in. Now I am out of shape, I could use some serious toning, and it's almost summer, but what's this I hear about no treats until the weekend? CRAZY. And having to pay money if I want to cheat? Who willingly does that?


I don't know if I can do it. I love food. Shannon says I eat pretty well already, I just eat too much. Even healthier things. I poured myself a nice tall class of Tropicana Orange Juice and she said that I need to cut that in half! Whaaaa??


We went shopping and you would of thought that some alien possessed my body because in my shopping cart was REDUCED FAT Cheez-Its, REDUCED FAT string cheese, healthy cereal (no Cocoa Puffs), and V8 Juice. Yuck.


So wish me luck. I agreed to do this (I'm such a push-over). I'm apparently going to have rock-hard abs and broad shoulders. I think Shannon wants me to do this more than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment