Thursday, October 13, 2011

My life up until this point...

I've been on a much needed sabbatical from worship leading for about four months now. It's been probably the most enlightening, educational, and incredible experience I've ever had. It's crazy what God will show you when you shut up, stop doing whatever it is you're doing, and listen.

While most of my time this past summer has been spent focused on growing spiritually, receiving healing in certain areas of my life, and just getting some desperately needed rest, I've also used the last four months to hone my musical talents (or lack thereof). I've listened to more artists, discovered more new bands, written more music, and practiced more than ever before. It's been amazing.

I plan on using this blog to share with you all some artists that have really impressed me and the songs they've written. Hillsong United, Elevation Worship, and Jesus Culture all have some incredible stuff that has blown me away both spiritually and musically. And they are just three bands. There is so much more out there.

So while I'm becoming increasingly anxious to jump on the worship team bandwagon again, I'm making the most of my break to sharpen myself both spiritually and musically (my two greatest passions), and I hope to show you all some amazing music as well!

Side hugs & Jesus Jukes,

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment