Monday, June 21, 2010

The toils of a worship leader

Ugh. It's late. My clock says 11:51pm Monday night. Two years ago, while in college, I would probably be just leaving my house to go out somewhere. Now, all I can think about is my bed.

Been spending some time figuring out the playlist for tomorrow night. Apostle John Shiver has been hosting some meetings at LJGC the last couple of days. They've been amazing (so I hear, I have't made one yet). I'll be leading worship for tomorrow night's meeting at 7pm.

I know God is going to move and I want the worship to reflect His plans for tomorrow night. But I also want songs I know really well. I don't want any surprises!

Consequently, I think I found a direction I could take this blog. The title has been "The Pointless Meanderings of a Random Guy." How about a blog focusing on worship, and more specifically, worship music? I may leave this blog open and begin a new one...I like it. Let's do it.

I'll try and pour some insight into readers on what I'm learning about worship and worship leading and I want to put more focus on pragmatic worship leading than I think most people do. In fact, that'll be my first blog post!

1 comment:

  1. As you will all figure out soon enough, I have combined my two blogs into one, titling it "You Owe Me A Penny." All of posts are here so don't feel like you're missing anything!

    ReplyDelete