Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Once you grow up, it all changes

Gone are the days of carefree youth.

As I grow up, I'm seeing a huge increase in responsibilities and commitments in my life (naturally). And I'll start this post off by saying that it's not a bad thing. So often, people wish they could be a kid again so they don't have to worry about anything, but that's not me. Yes, those days were awesome, but there's a lot of good in being older too.

I feel that in the last year, there has been a major shift in my outlook on life. I'm starting to embrace the realities of life, I'm starting to prioritize commitments, I'm starting to own up to my mistakes, my debts, etc. It's hard sometimes.

Whether it's the prospect of being married someday soon, being financially independent, living my own, or whatever, my thought process is a lot different now than even 12 months ago! The things I dream and care about have changed a lot.

I like it. I love the thought of proposing to my girlfriend. I'm pushing to come to a place where I can pay off my debts fully. I can't wait to have my own place. It's intense but it's good. I know I still have a lot to learn but I know that I have a good career, a great girlfriend, amazing family, and a solid church home. I have the foundation to excel in adulthood. So now it's time to step my game up and follow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment