Thursday, July 8, 2010

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure...

As a fairly novice blog writer, I'm still struggling with the whole "finding my niche" thing. Absolutely worship is a passion of mine and I want to continue to express my opinions and give advice where I can.

But sometimes I want to talk about more than just worship. Sometimes I want to talk about something that has nothing to do with my faith.

The fact is, I'm not a celebrity. If you Google me, nothing good comes up (trust me, I looked, and don't lie, I know you Googled yourself too). I can't get away with writing about anything just because I'm famous. The way I'll draw readers (or followers) is by having purpose, direction, focus, etc., etc.

And I thought I had that handled. I technically have two blogs at the time of this posting. And I thought that with this blog, I can write about worship and other Jesus stuff and then with my other blog, I can write about everything else. Except since the conception of this blog, I haven't written one darned thing in the other. I'm too lazy. It's too much upkeep. And it'll split my readers in half.

So I'm officially getting rid of my other blog. And I'm slightly shifting the focus of this blog. I will keep my primary focus on worship, but I will also expand outside of that realm as I see fit. I'm thinking the title of this will be more like "In the eyes of a worship leader" or "Give me a penny..." Ooh! I like that one. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment