Friday, July 23, 2010

Times they are a-changing

Shannon's sister is moving in with her this weekend. It's a big deal for everyone. Shannon is getting a roommate, Shauna (her sister) is on her own for the first time, Shannon's parents have gotten rid of the last kid, and me? I'm affected in a couple of ways, all stemming from the fact that Shauna is moving in with my girlfriend.

1) Another car to dig out of the snow in the winter.
Because Shannon is my girlfriend, I'm the go-to guy to shovel snow off the car, get it out of any snowbanks. etc. Because my sister lives close to Shannon, I help her out too. And now Shauna. I need to get a better shovel.

2) More broken things to fix.
Electronics, furniture, appliances, etc., I get to be the handyman

3) More errands to run.
Often I'll go to Tops or Target and pick something up for Shannon real quick. I can see it now... When I'm out the door for Tops to get something, Shauna will hand me her list too.

I think that about covers it. I'm not complaining. I like doing that stuff. Heck, I'll even kill some bugs too. And there are some serious perks. The biggest one? I'll see a slight increase in the number of opportunities to act like a single college student again. No doubt there will be more days where I am not welcome in the apartment where previously, I'd stay. So what do I do instead? Go home, play video games, eat junk food, and go to bed late. It'll be awesome.

So no worries. Plus, it's going to be a super easy move. One trip. Which I'm incredibly grateful.

But of course, on Shauna's first day in the new place, I'm already being put to work. Shannon said I'm driving them to WalMart for supplies. I didn't even think of that one.

1 comment:

  1. I really hope that you dig me out of the snow because you love me...not because I live near Shannon!

    ReplyDelete