Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Jury


Shannon is on a jury of a civil case. Due to orders by the judge, the Honorable Judge Frank A. Sedita, Jr., she can't tell anyone the details but it seems pretty interesting.

She's like our own little Henry Fonda or John Cusack!

I got called for jury duty almost right after I turned 18. I waited for over 6 hours, then they called my name and told me I could go home. What a wonderful way to spend my day, but hey, I did my civic duty.

I looked all over the internet to see if you can receive jury summons more than once in your life. My bet is yes but the odds of that happening are most likely slim. So I may never have the opportunity to say, "Your honor, the jury finds the defendant guilty on all charges!"

Too bad...

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know...there were two older guys on the jury with me who had served before...the one guy, it was his forth case going to trial! Of course he was like a hundred years old but still...You can get called no sooner than every 7 years, or every 8 if your case went to trail. Technically, you could get summoned every 8 years and get picked every 8 years for the trial and then you would serve on a jury many times. :) But the chances of that happening are very slim. Love your face! <3Shan

    ReplyDelete